Eaton DC1 and DE1 Ethernet

RBergmann

Hey Guys ...

I'm on site with a project that uses (9) Eaton VFDs. (2) DG1, (4) DE1 and (3) DC1 drives. Using a CompactLogix to communicate via Ethernet/IP.

I'm trying to configure the IP addresses. The DG1 is set through the parameters in the drive. The DC1 and DE1 drives require a DX-NET-ETHERNET-2-2 adapter and IPs are configured with an embedded webserver. This is all fine. I was able to configure all the drives on a one by one basis but when they were plugged into the Ethernet switch, seems that the address worked only some times. I don't know (but suspect) if the DX adapter has had past problems.

Anyone had experience with multiple DC1/DE1 drives on a closed network? Total of (14) total devices including (4) AB and (1) RTA Modbus gateway.