Mitsubishi Q00CPU program download

shejir

Hi All,
We have a Effluent Treatment plant from a company that is no more existing and we have a Mitsubishi MELSEC Q00CPU (obsolete model) in it running fine. We dont have a spare PLC in case if it stopped working. Is there any way i can download the Control Logic Program from the existing PLC and download in to a newer model.

I think you’ll be able to at least upload a melsec instruction list out of it and then you could download it onto a spare processor, or just keep the file ready.

If you’re wanting a proper backup - you’ll also want to back up the D, M & R registers so you can drop them into the new processor to maintain your set points etc.

Andy

You probably need s copy of Mitsubishi IEC Developer to do it. I suppose you could also use GXWorks too

Andy

Thank you Andy for your kind reply,

I am just worried about two things,
1- Since the entire plant with PLC is supplied by a company, will they make the program password protected from being copied.
2- It is a running plant and if we try to copy using GXWorks will is there is any chance to get messed up?

Your comments will be appreciated. Thank you.

Thank you Andy for your kind reply,

I am just worried about two things,
1- Since the entire plant with PLC is supplied by a company, will they make the program password protected from being copied.
2- It is a running plant and if we try to copy using GXWorks will is there is any chance to get messed up?

Your comments will be appreciated. Thank you.

Just to confirm;

1. If you Upload in IEC Developer, you will only receive MELSEC IL. If the PLC is password protected you will not be able to upload or download.

2. If you upload in GXWorks2, I believe it can be viewed in IL or LAD format.

3. If the original programmer chose to download the Symbolic Information you will have access to the symbolic names which may aid fault finding and making use of the upload code, if they havent (most likely as they have use a very small capacity CPU) then you will be working with instructions and memory addresses only.

As Andy quite rightly says, make sure you take a backup of all memory variables as any such values that arent written on startup will be lost.

The Q00 CPU requires a special Serial --> PS2 type connector, these can be purchased off eBay for a reasonable price, any CPU higher than the Q02(H) has a built in USB port. Alternativley if you have an ethernet port on your rack then you can upload/ download from here.

Once you have the source code; it is very simple to upgrade the CPU type.

Unless the company chose to protect their source code; they should have supplied the code to you upon completion of comissioning.

Regards

Daniel

Last edited: