FC105 scaling strangeness

So I figured out how the block works now, and I feel kind of dumb. I was confused by a number of things through this process, the block, the pressure transducers.

Luckily now the machine is running pretty well, and we have developed a pretty good workaround while waiting on the correct transducers to show up.

The block was not authored by Siemens as far as I can tell. The author does not show as "simatic".

basically the block is setup so that you input the pressure range of the sensor. The oem E+H sensor was -300mbar to 300mbar, hence the original setpoints being those values.

The sensor has "MWP5.3bar FKM" printed on the side of it. I failed to look at the sensor myself, which would have been helpful from the start. At this point I'm pretty sure MWP is maximum working pressure. There is another box on the sensor that also shows a pressure range, which obviously was a red flag when I took the time to look because the original showed the -300 to 300 mbar.

This process chamber sensor is critical because it can go both positive and negative, so when we replaced it with one that was 0-400mbar, we were not going to get a workable result. My colleague suggested we swap the original working transducer on the exhaust side with the process side, which was a very good idea. The exhaust side should only see positive pressure, so our 0-400mar would work fine.

We swapped the sensors around and I adjusted the values that go into each FC105 block and the machine has been running well, making its distilled water as advertised.

Thanks for asking all the good questions, I think that got my brain headed in the right direction.

Cheers!