Sensor battery powered checker

joeparrish

I have searched everthing and cant find it I have seen prints on here for a sensor checker.

So I have a battery powered way to power and see a 24volt dc sensor.

OK, not quite what you are asking for, but maybe it will get you going.

To help a customer I spent ages thinking about how to test proximity sensors, encoders and flowmeters before they were shipped to site. The bits you need are a 24V supply, inputs that have the same specification as a PLC, LEDs that show when the signal is present. After a while I slapped myself on the back of the head, the obvious answer was a cheap PLC. Even cheaper, I had a old PLC sat on the shelf, it was 240V supply, but had a 24V d.c. supply output, so all I had to do was connect in a mains lead and I had the perfect tester. Just to make thing more interesting I programmed in a simple sequence so that as it received pulses it switched the outputs in sequence to confirm that the input was being received.

Not quiet handheld but what better way to emulate a PLC input than to use a PLC input.

Bryan

I don´t know if i understood you clearly, but if you want to know if your battery is ok, try using a voltage divider and use it as an input to an analog board. This way you are measuring and check your voltage.

OK, not quite what you are asking for, but maybe it will get you going.

To help a customer I spent ages thinking about how to test proximity sensors, encoders and flowmeters before they were shipped to site. The bits you need are a 24V supply, inputs that have the same specification as a PLC, LEDs that show when the signal is present. After a while I slapped myself on the back of the head, the obvious answer was a cheap PLC. Even cheaper, I had a old PLC sat on the shelf, it was 240V supply, but had a 24V d.c. supply output, so all I had to do was connect in a mains lead and I had the perfect tester. Just to make thing more interesting I programmed in a simple sequence so that as it received pulses it switched the outputs in sequence to confirm that the input was being received.

Not quiet handheld but what better way to emulate a PLC input than to use a PLC input.

Bryan

No I just need a demo box

No I just need a demo box
Don't make me come over there and slap 'you' on the back of the head :D. A cheap PLC, three 9V batteries, three terminals and an Off/On switch and it is a demo unit. The perfect demo unit, the bestist demo unit because it demos/tests the sensors with the type of device that they will finally be used with.

Sorry about the threat of violence, I am having a frustrating day!

Bryan

Don't make me come over there and slap 'you' on the back of the head :D. A cheap PLC, three 9V batteries, three terminals and an Off/On switch and it is a demo unit. The perfect demo unit, the bestist demo unit because it demos/tests the sensors with the type of device that they will finally be used with.

Sorry about the threat of violence, I am having a frustrating day!

Bryan

The Idea is I need it to be very portable all of the machince I will put the sensor of will have plcs on them but I just want to have power for the sensor and ajust the sensor at the location before install.

The Idea is I need it to be very portable all of the machince I will put the sensor of will have plcs on them but I just want to have power for the sensor and ajust the sensor at the location before install.

Again, use 3 each 9 volt batteries wired in series and put a quick connect cable on it. I wrap a piece of tape around all three and use that. I have about 3 of these and the batteries have last more than a year with checking out hundreds of I/O.

I have made one of these with two PP3 9v batteries, two leds, an M8 lead and a toggle switch.

The leds are set to show PNP or NPN. When the unit is switched on both leds light. When a sensor is connected and triggered on the relevent led lights.