Intouch 2012 R2 : Displaying data in a grid from csv or dbf file

Marie1982

Hi,

I am working on a project which purpose is to replace a VB application running on Windows 98 to Intouch 2012 R2 on Windows7.

Basically my client produces cardboard rolls (example: the one in the middle of a toilet paper roll) of different sizes and lengths.

He has a software that generates sales orders in a dbf or csv file. In the file, we have the order #, type of roll, lenght and other parameters that are necessary to produce the order.

I want Intouch to get the data from that dbf/csv file, and then display it in a table with columns, and then the operator can select an order to produce it.

We used File script commands to get the data, and it is working fine, but we are looking for a smart way to display it. We tried Listboxes (one for each parameter) and also juste create a table with a large number of tags.

1- Is it possible to link listboxes so if I scroll in the order# listbox, the others follow?
2- Is there a better way to display data in a table?

Thanks.

I think it would be possible to 'link' listbox's.
Have you looked at the recipe function? I have not used this, but may fit what you need.

The operator only needs to see the ON though, the other details are for information only?
You could just use the list box to select the ON, the use standard displays for the other data?

A dataview layout would be nice though.

What is a dataview layout?

The operator needs to see at least 15 orders, each with about 10 parameters all at the same time. Because the parameters help him choose which order he will do.