SLOT 0 IC200CPUE05
SLOT 1 IC200MDD845

RACK 1
PWR IC200PWR101
SLOT 0 IC200ERM002
SLOT 1 IC200MDD845
SLOT 2 IC200ALG320

Programming with CIMPLICITY Machine Edition with PLC LD Instructions

I am looking for ideas to develop logic to control the level of a product in a bin by controlling the speed of a feed belt that is four minutes and several large pieces of equipment upstream from the bin. There are four on/off level inputs: a low level, middle level, high level, and an overflow level. The output will need to be in an analog 1-10 VDC signal that will control the feed conveyor motor speed. Bottom line is using digial inputs and timers to develop a scaled analog output. Examples would be very helpful. Thanks Rheilman

I do this all the time...

This can be likened to doing a weighing operation with multiple setpoints.

Let's assume Speed=Output Speed, 10V=Fast, 7.5V=Medium, 2.5V=Slow, 0V=Stop, and the Analog Output card is scaled for 0=0V and 4095=10V:

If HighLevelSensor=High then Speed=Stop
If MedLevelSensor=High then Speed=Slow
If LowLevelSensor=High then Speed=Med
If LowLevelSensor=Low then Speed=Fast
If OverFlowSensor=High then Turn On Alarm

All this assumes that the sensors are not in the product stream.

This works well for straight ladder logic. I use AutomationDirect PLCs and use Block/Stage Programming so my ladder logic looks a little different.

I am not familiar with the CIMPLICITY line so maybe someone else can fill in the blanks.

You would also need to build in alarms but this is the basics.