reading large array from a Controllogix

cokeguy

Looking for the easiest way to read an array of values from a controllogix processor into a PC. This 200 element array contains the instantaneous current values of a servomotor sampled every 50 mseg, and I need to read this array into excel, factorytalkview SE or citect (those are my 3 existing options) in order to plot and analyze it and keep track of current profiles and maximum values.

I saw an example here using Excel macros with a "for i=1 to n" type command, but it seemed pretty slow because it read one value at a time and placed it in its corresponding cell.

It would be great if I could simply read the whole array directly in one step using FTView or Citect or excel, and write it to a csv file or whatever. Could anybody give me any ideas, or point me to a similar thread where this has already been discussed?

thanks for your help.