WallClock and AOI Method

remullis

I setup this wallclock and using the AOI logic I don't get back the correct day as today would be the 5th day however I show 4 and for Wrk_F and G I am also not reflecting the correct number. I have updated the plc clock in properties to the current pc time. Is there something else I am missing. If I need to reference attached is the screen shot. Thanks Rich

datetime_aoi.jpg

yes I used the dayoftheweek.acd code but it seems to be giving me the wrong numbers back. I verified that my wallclock is working and in sync with my remote pc, everything seems to be right and I have checked the expressions a couple of times, any thoughts of other areas?

Are the tags "Inp_Month","Inp_Year" and "Inp_Day" actually written in the logic you display? I see the GSV, but no copy of the actual "DateTime[x]" to the three tags used in the calculation?

rslogix_dayofweek_no_aoi.jpg

I tried to do a move to these tags from the wall clock but your saying I should do a copy? I'll try this, the move gave me shorted errors.

I stripped the sample to the absolute mimimum to avoid any copy instruction.
Seems to work, although personally I always copy the result from the GSV to a custom DateTime UDT. That way the code remains somewhat readable.

rslogix_dayofweek_no_aoi2.jpg

Last edited:
I set the logic up identical to what your example shows but for Friday I still show the 4 th day which should be five. Same as the example, what am I missing?

No expert on this but try using "LocalDateTime" instead of "DateTime".

I think this will solve your problem.

EDIT: I see that you did use LOCAL I was looking at basti504 post. sorry about the mistake.

BCS

Last edited:
Yes I've tried both ways. I'm getting 2014 , 10 th month but looking at the expression that's what I would get because it's adding 9 to this month. I'm missing something

Sorry if I am wrong, I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish with the CPT instruction.
But you could just make a UDT for Time and Date and use that throughout your program where needed.

I am pulling the User-Defined Block for you now and will also post the Time and Date Routine I used so you can see if this will work for you.

Will post in a few min.

BCS

Here you go, you can import both of these into a blank program to play around with and see if you like this better.

I think it will populate the tags automatically so just be aware of this if you put it into your working program.

Good Luck
BCS