TIA HMI to PC or server

userxyz

Hi,

A customer asked me to make a custom csv logging to a server from a TP1200 script on 2 of his filling lines. Something I did before. 10 years ago I had 2 such similar projects and I took a little look in those scripts today.

So to kickoff I made a test set-up with a TP1200 comfort and my laptop. But it didn't got it to work today :).

I found those links:
https://support.industry.siemens.co...o-save-archive-data-on-the-pc-?dti=0&lc=en-WW

https://support.industry.siemens.co...ared-windows-folder?dti=0&pnid=14730&lc=en-WW

And that's what I tried.

I made a shared folder, added the full control rights.
My laptop is named DESKTOP-53U89TI.
MyShared is the shared folder on my C drive.

Panel IP is 192.168.3.2
Laptop IP is 192.168.3.105

When I ping from the panel to the laptop on the name DESKTOP-53U89-TI, then I have 3 adaptors not responding and replies from 192.168.3.105. So I think this looks okay.

Then I added a simple logging with 5s cycle on 1 variable (no scripting for now, first things first).
Path: \\DESKTOP-53U89TI\MyShared\

IMG_20190812_162357_resized_20190812_063136700.jpg

This doesn't work for the moment...
Any ideas how I can get this to work and what I can check ?

I remember that in the scripts and data logs, when logging to a PC/Server, that does not work on IP, on ly on a name. So the DNS settings have to be filled in. In my test set-up I do not have a dns server offc. So maybe that could be an issue to get this to work ?

What do you guys think ?

I will continu tomorow, this has to work :)

Kind regards,
Combo

I think it should work directly to a PC by filling in the Lmhost file:

Other Settings on the PC (Optional)
If the panel is to be reached from the PC via "name resolution", then you must
make the following settings in the lmhosts file.
Change the lmhosts file
You can find the lmhosts file in C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc.
• Open the lmhosts file (with Notepad, for example).
• In the lmhosts file you enter the IP address and name of the panel.
In this example "192.168.0.2 MP377test".
This entry ensures that the PC can exactly assign the operator panel uniquely
in the network environment on the basis of the IP address and name of the
operator panel.

Lmhost

I think it should work directly to a PC by filling in the Lmhost file, this comes from the manual:

Other Settings on the PC (Optional)
If the panel is to be reached from the PC via "name resolution", then you must
make the following settings in the lmhosts file.
Change the lmhosts file
You can find the lmhosts file in C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc.
• Open the lmhosts file (with Notepad, for example).
• In the lmhosts file you enter the IP address and name of the panel.
In this example "192.168.0.2 MP377test".
This entry ensures that the PC can exactly assign the operator panel uniquely
in the network environment on the basis of the IP address and name of the
operator panel.

I just found out that the LMHost file is on the PC side, if no DNS servers in the network, this way the PC knows the IP adress of a used name that corresponds. The question now is, does the HMI has a LMHosts file in Windows CE ?

I don't think there is an LMHost file, but you can declare a WINS server. I don't have a screenshot handy, but the setting is on the tab "Name Servers", under the same Ethernet properties dialog where you set the IP. I'd never even looked at the other tabs there until this came up earlier this year.

If you set the WINS server to be the file server's IP address (your laptop), it should work.