Printing from a Red Lion HMI

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Everyone,
Is it possible to do a screen print from a Red Lion CR3000 HMI? I have build a nice table showing the Date and the values and it would be awesome if I could just have them hit a button and have it print on the local network printer. I know I could do it with FTV ME, I was kind . Just thought I would ask.
Thanks for the help!!

When I need to include Red Lion HMI screens in the user's manual I run the file in Crimson's emulator and populate the tags on the screen with typical values. Then I use ALT + Print Screen to get a screen capture and paste it into a Word document.

I have not used this but there is a function:
PrintScreenToFile(path, name, res)

Code:
Argument Type       Description
path     cstring    The directory in which the file should be created.
name     cstring    The filename to be used.
res      int        The required color resolution of the image.

Description
Saves a bitmap copy of the current display to the indicated file. Passing an empty string for name will allow Crimson to select a unique filename for the new image. The res argument can be set to one to create an 8 bits-per pixel bitmap, while a value of zero will create a 16 bits-per-pixel bitmap. The latter value will produce much larger files, as these files are not capable of supporting RLE8 compression. The return value indicates whether the function succeeded.

How to get that file to a printer would be the next step...

You might be able to, but would you really want to, it isn't really the right tool for the job. Better to create the prints in a program and just run the program. Typical line would be:
Code:
PortPrint(3, "Rig Ref:              " + PLC1.DB3_Factory.Rig_Ref + "\n");
Maybe not quite so convenient as a screen dump but a lot easier to implement and the printer can use an inbuilt font for best quality printing. Or maybe I am just old and remember the struggle to get an Apple IIe to print screen dumps over a serial interface.