show data log items on FTView ME- not trends

capsuleguy

We want to monitor a program tag and display the time and date and value on our HMI screen.

I have put the tag into a Data Log Model, and configured it to log on value changes. But I have no idea how to display it. I don't want to display it on a trend screen since it happens very infrequently. I would like it to be just shown in a list view like the alarms are. Is this possible?

I did search this and found a similar thread, but did not see how to display them.

We want to monitor a program tag and display the time and date and value on our HMI screen.

I would like it to be just shown in a list view like the alarms are. Is this possible?

Yes,

You can use multiple alarm list objects, they come with a filter option to allow you to show particular items. Just add your trigger and a message to the alarm setup. Make a new display and add an Alarm List. Use the filter option to only show your data log tag. If you need to show the tag's value then you can right click on your alarm message, select Edit String and use the insert variable option and pick the tag.
Also, Just remember to filter your original Alarm List to not include the Data Log tag. Just to be clear you can delete the data log. Just add the tag to Alarm setup.

Shown below is my Alarm Filter for Fault Codes. The unchecked boxes are Tool Life Warnings that are shown on a different alarm list display page.

Alarm Property.PNG

Using the information from @CWAL61 we were able to get it working great! We had done some things wrong, so were having problems. Our controls engineer called Tech Connect and they told him that they had lots of requests for it, but it could not be done, sorry.... Glad I came here to find the correct answer. Thanks again.