Powerflex 527 Question.

Katronite

I'm working on a setup with Powerflex 527´s on L72S controller V24.11.

The costumer has changed a motor to a smaller one, on one of the PF527, and ran into problems with changing the Amp limits and stuff.

As the production is running, I´m not able to do an autotune.

Is there any other simple or clever way to change the motor setup manually, like on PF525's, or is it only "the hard way" as the costumer calls it?? ;-)

In offline mode, I cant get access to the catalog, and if I do any changes in the setup, it requires a download, that I'm not able to do at the moment.
I cant remember if an autotune will cause a download??

Anybody???

There is no reason you can't change motors while online. You can't change a drive online. For instance, you cant go from a 10 h.p. VFD to a 5 h.p. VFD without downloading to the controller.

You can change Drive parameters online without downloading to the controller.

Simply change the motor nameplate data online and run your new motor. You can even do an autotune online so long as its not interfering with the rest of your process.

If the drive is to large, you can't set the overload parameter low enough, there is nothing that will fix that other than putting in the correct VFD to match the motor.

Autotune does not set your basic motor parameters up in the drive for you, as it sounded like that is what you were expecting in the first post.

That's what bothers me.

Normally it's quite easy to change parameters online on PF525's, but cant really get access to the values, unless offline, and then I need to download.

Everything is more or less greyed out when online on all the PF527 drives.
All the 525 drives are easy to change.

What am I doing wrong?? I have created quite a lot of 527's in new programs, but never actually had to do any changes to the motorsetup on existing setups…

It doesnt seem to help to give the drive neither MSF or MASD command, all important parameters are still greyed out. Only way to get access seems to be offline.

Any advise could be helpfull, also noob advise, as I have never before changed motortype on a PF527, in an existing program.

Not sure about that one.
I'm used to using PF525, powerflex 70 and so on, never a 527.

Is it possible the parameters are being read from a source within the program, from an instruction hat sets the motor parameters?

Sorry I'm not much help, I was simply thinking 525.

The 527 can ONLY be used by a motion control capable PLC as a motion axis, so it does not have "parameter" programming like the 525, all programming is done via motion commands. So because you cannot change a motion profile on the fly, you cannot change a 527 on the fly. You must stop the program to make any changes.

The 527 can ONLY be used by a motion control capable PLC as a motion axis, so it does not have "parameter" programming like the 525, all programming is done via motion commands. So because you cannot change a motion profile on the fly, you cannot change a 527 on the fly. You must stop the program to make any changes.

Just as I thought.

Hoped that there was some kind of alternat way to do it, but no.

Thanks anyway. :)

This might end up being my excuse to finally reconfigure 2 of their Delta Robots then..
Another long weekend at the job...