Exporting/Editing Studio 5000 array tag

JZerb

I have a tag i created in Studio 5000 for some recipes. The tag is named Recipes and it has an array size of 4 and within the Recipes there is another UDT called Recipe with an element size of 200, so there are 200 separate recipes within each of the 4 'main' recipes. Anywho, i would like to fill some of the recipes out via my laptop and not just using the HMI but i cant quite figure out how to do that via excel or the like. suggestions?

I had a very similar situation a few years back, here's the thread where I discussed it. My post #8 has a fairly comprehensive solution detailed.

Appreciate the response. Looks like I’d need a non free version or RSLINX to use the DDE/OPC you linked to in your post, so I’ll add this to the list of reasons the company should buy it!

There is a post from Archie in that thread pointing out that you can do it with Advanced HMI. You can do miracles with a little bit of DotNET. It is totally free.