How to update FactoryTalk View Studio?

wendaiyu

Hi, folks.

I currently have FactoryTalk View Studio Release Number: 8.20.00.

How can I upgrade to 10.0? Do I need to download and install all of them (the attachment)?

Thanks a lot.

FTV.JPG

You only really need the FTView Studio 10 software to upgrade. I would also download and install the patch roll up. The View point and Win 911 are add-ons that are not necessary. Viewpoint is nice as it allows you to extend the HMI screens and functionality to mobile devices and web browsers.

Before you uninstall your software, go in help and note down the 'Serial Number' for the Factorytalk View Studio software you have.

The download page you are on is for Factorytalk View Site Edition, not studio.
Once you have that serial number, go here: https://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/Home.aspx and enter that with your activation code/company name etc. This info should be in your license.

Thanks!
-PreLC

To answer the main question, you do need to install the main software (FTView Studio 10) as well as the PAtch Roll-Up. You can run without the patch, but they address multiple bugs, so it's highly advised to install them.

I don't think wendaiyu is on the right download page though. This download is for the site edition, not studio.

I just downloaded Studio 10.0, I don't think it has a patch rollup, but I might be wrong.

Before you uninstall your software, go in help and note down the 'Serial Number' for the Factorytalk View Studio software you have.

The download page you are on is for Factorytalk View Site Edition, not studio.
Once you have that serial number, go here: https://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/Home.aspx and enter that with your activation code/company name etc. This info should be in your license.

Thanks!
-PreLC

Thanks a lot, buddy.

FT View Studio.JPG

I would create a new VM with the compatible OS and install it on that instead of upgrading an existing install.
Just my opinion.