MOVE Block Function - Noob question

kat

Hello, I did a programming using MOVE block. However, whenever i press input. The MOVE block does not read the value assigned to transfer. Instead of '1' that I set, it read '32' . Does anyone know how to fix this?

D5kZuRaXsAg66-h.jpg

from INT to INT

Your picture didn't attach properly so we can't see it. With little information my best guess is that you are transferring M type memory and have duplicated addresses. In all Siemens PLCs you can use memory as you wish but you have to be aware of overlaps. So M0.0 and M0.1 are part of M0, if you use the bits in one place and the word/int in another they will affect each other. It is a common way that you don't get the result you expect.

MW address

Attached files are how I programmed my MOVE block. When it read 0 on MW10 and 2 on MW12. The comparator reads the '2' value from MW12 but not '0' from MW10. I've tried various ways on fixing this but the value won't read what I wanted. It read as 2 < 0 when it supposed to be 2 > 0 on the comparators.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg