Can't get Connections Between Beckhoff CX1020 and PC

deividasn

Hi

Can't get Connected Between Beckhoff CX1020 and PC TWINCAT2
tried 3 laptops and differents cables .

i can see ip address on WINCE this is X1 192.168.0.1 (my laptop ip 192.168.0.10 )
tried ping not access. Tried host name (CX_05DD9A) not access.
maybe problem on WINCE? maybe needs change some settings?
tx for answers

If the controller is not on a currently in-use system, you can set both the CX and your laptop to obtain IP automatically (DHCP). With a cable connected directly between the 2, wait about 2 minutes and they will fail the search for a DHCP server and default to a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx address. You can then try the broadcast search again.

If the controller is not on a currently in-use system, you can set both the CX and your laptop to obtain IP automatically (DHCP). With a cable connected directly between the 2, wait about 2 minutes and they will fail the search for a DHCP server and default to a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx address. You can then try the broadcast search again.

Controller is not uses in the system now. Im testing them on the table. ok i will try your method today after jobb.

tx

I have a similar problem.
I can manually set the IP address of the PLC and the laptop (to the same subnet)
and ping that way. I used the X2 port - X1 was problematic for me. (Don't know why).
After I could ping it I was able to properly communicate with it via System Manager.

Also, are you running that Windows CE on the PLC? If so, in the control panel
there is a PLC icon. I think one of the settings was 'enable IP routing'. When it was not
checked I could ping the PLC from the laptop, but the PLC would not ping the laptop.
Once I checked it I could ping back and forth.
Poet.

I have a similar problem.
I can manually set the IP address of the PLC and the laptop (to the same subnet)
and ping that way. I used the X2 port - X1 was problematic for me. (Don't know why).
After I could ping it I was able to properly communicate with it via System Manager.

Also, are you running that Windows CE on the PLC? If so, in the control panel
there is a PLC icon. I think one of the settings was 'enable IP routing'. When it was not
checked I could ping the PLC from the laptop, but the PLC would not ping the laptop.
Once I checked it I could ping back and forth.
Poet.

yes WINCE 6.0 running on PLC
PLC icon in the control panel you meaning CX configuration tool?
i wil try today

tx
tx

still i have problem

i tried set both the CX and your laptop to obtain IP automatically (DHCP). With a cable connected directly between the plc and laptop. no connection.

i enabled IP routing on windows ce but still no connection...

maybe know how to test lan connection from plc (wince 6.0) side?

have more offers? ....

Dear Deividasn,
Sorry things took so long to get back - holiday weekend for me. And I'm off to North Carolina tomorrow morning.

I would try using the CE control panel - network to set a static IP address in the PLC.
At this point, with the laptop set to the same subnet, also static IP, I was able to ping
the PLC from the laptop, but the PLC would not ping the laptop.

The CX configuration tool and I think it was the last tab, there was a parameter
called IP routing and mine was not checked. When I checked it I was able to ping
back and forth between the laptop and the PLC.

The power supply module CX1100-0004 should have nothing to do with the communications.
I used a generic cat-5 communications cable straight from the laptop network port to the PLC port 2 network port.
Somewhere I read that it auto-negotiates things and that worked for me.
Poet.

Being able to ping both ways in a DOS CMD window is the first step. Without that, TwinCAT will not be able to find the CX. Even if you can ping, I generally have to disable firewalls for TwinCAT to find the CX in a broadcast search, best I recall. Since our PC's are off-web, no firewall is not a security concern.

Re RJ45 ports, when I get a new CX first thing I do is find which NIC port has EtherCAT drivers installed. In View Network Connection in Windows on the CX, you will see several NIC's listed. One NIC is the internal Ebus to hard-coupled I/O modules and may not have an RJ45 port. Look at the properties of each. One will have EtherCAT setup. I name that NIC "EtherCAT link" in Windows. To find which port it goes to, use a cable to another PC. You will see it change to "unplugged" when you disconnect the cable. I label that RJ45 port "ECAT" on the front. The other NIC and port I name "HMI link" and label "LAN", which you use to your HMI/Development PC. CX's vary. Some have one NIC split to both RJ45 ports. Long ago, with a CX1000 (like that), I was using the RJ45 for RT-Ethernet link to a BK9000 and needed another NIC for the HMI PC. I had to use a USB-Ethernet adapter, which is a pain since it needed to be unplugged and re-plugged to be seen after reboot (power outage on graveyard shift). The CX5020 (Atom) is better since the 2 RJ45 come from different NIC's.