elau mc4 rs232 cable

usefi5961

dear all:
i need schematic for connecting pc to pacdrive mc4 .please share it and i need software for that .psa4 software and activation code.

The serial cable should just be a standard null modem cable: https:// ********. uz. ua/viewtopic.php?t=16801

EDIT: PLCtalk is censoring the URL, so you have to remove the spaces after the `.` in the domain

As far as the software goes, That would be ELAU EPAS in whatever version your controller firmware is. You'd need to contact Schneider for that as they own ELAU now.

If you are in fact trying to connect to the X7 port on an MC-4, this port is only for serial download of firmware to the MC-4. If that is your intention, you can purchase the cable and software needed to do this (it is called Sercos Firmware Assistant) from your local Schneider Electric representative or distributor.

If you are trying to make your own cable, you can get the operating manual for the MC-4 here which should have the pin-outs.

http://www.orbitmotionsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/PDM_OperaManMC-4_us0512.pdf

thank's

thank's for reply thread.
i make cable but i can not connect to mc-4 (pacdrive diagnostic and firmware assistant, i try changing baud rate,comport but i can't connect to drive,please help how can i connect to it?

The PacDrive Diagnostic tool is not used to connect to MC-4. Sercos Firmware Assistant is the only software tool that will connect to the MC-4. There is a setting in the the software to select serial com port communication and settings. If it is not working, it is likely a problem with cable or COM port configuration on your PC.

i try to connect mc-4 to sercos firmware assistant but i can't connect to drive(the cable is true)i don't know why couldn't connect to it,sorry can you detail about boot loader software for mc4 via rs232 cable?how can i connect and send boot files to drive?because some times when power on the drive error led lit and when some times power on and off the error red led blink,i don't know the tms320f240 destroyed or no?can i flash it with boot loader software?
thank's

The only tool to download firmware to the MC-4 is the Sercos Firmware Assistant. There used to be an old DOS based Bootloader program, but it is long obsolete and I don't know where you would find it. It should not be needed anyway. How are you trying to use the MC-4? It is meant to be connected to a ELAU motion controller (Max-4, C200, C400, or C600). If it is not connected, it is likely the error LED will be flashing.

mc4

dear bazook777:
thank you so much for reply,i connect direct to pacdrive mc4 via rs232 cable(without connect to max4 in lab.)and can not connect to mc4 ,i need to connect and see error code of drive and creating backup parameters and load to another drive.how can i creating backup (how to upload from and download to another).

You cannot obtain an error code from the MC-4 by connecting to it through serial cable. The error codes are communicated to the Max-4 (or other Elau master controller). Then you connect to the Max-4 with the EPAS-4 software or Diagnostics tool. Further, there is no parameters or program that needs to be downloaded to a MC-4. The entire configuration is made in the EPAS-4 project and downloaded to the controller (Max-4). All of the necessary MC-4 parameters are then transferred from the controller to the MC-4 via Sercos bis connection. So there is no need to upload anything from MC-4 and download to another. If a replacement MC-4 is connected to the controller that is running the correct program, it will run.

bootloader

thank you for reply,ok as you say only we can program tms320f240(in my mc4 i think tms320f240 is required to replacing because drive not correct boot(sometimes boot and sometimes not boot).please tell me how can i replace and reprogram it (i buy new one tms320f240 and i re solder it.but it need flash reprogram)and for doing which cable needs to connect to dsp and pc?
thank's.

Sorry, but I am not familiar with tms320f240. It sounds like you have opened up the MC-4 and trying to replace components on the circuit board. If this is the case then I cannot help you. It is not likely you will find support for this. If the MC-4 is to be repaired it should be sent back to the factory or authorized repair center for Schneider Electric / ELAU in your country.

x7 socket

thank you for reply,sorry what is x7 on pacdrive mc4?it is for service port?i think it is for programming tms320f240.can you introduce me hardware engineer that experience with this?
thank's