FTView Password Change For Other Users

Rob.Hill

Hi - Ive got a FTView v9 application for a panelview plus 7. We would like it that administrators can change other users passwords.

Hence I've added the 'admin' user into the administrators group within FTView and configured the screen.

However when the change password button is used we are presented with this:

attachment.php

User5 is the administrator - we can't select other users to be able to change their passwords...

Help?

Thanks
Rob

Password_Change.PNG

Last edited:
Thanks for that ASF,
I'd seen the thread - but it doesn't appear to help...

I can't see the article 613707 if thats what you're refering to as its not currently available.

I've logged in with users that are part of the administrators group as well but that doesn't seem to work?

Thanks

Rob

Try the technote again - it's working for me just now.

Have you selected the correct mode for the password button? Have you confirmed that your current user definitely appears in the administrators group? Do you have some other users configured?

Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 9.20.05 am.png

Hi ASF,

The technote again says unavailable - it is under review apparently...

But your screen shot saved the day!

I'd been concentrating on the administrator side of things and wasn't aware of the tick box!

Thanks immensely for the help

Rob

Odd. I can definitely view it. I have a TechConnect contract - perhaps TechConnect users are allowed to view technotes even while they're under review?

Anyone else (with and without TechConnect) care to check it out and help solve this (now completely academic) mystery?

613707 - Runtime User Management for FactoryTalk View Machine Edition version 8.0
Access Level: Everyone (except Rob Hill)

In any case, glad you got it working!

edit: looks like it's no longer under review; it was updated yesterday and changed to TechConnect only access. Great. Thanks, Rockwell. Definitely the sort of information that needs restricting to contract holders :unsure:

Last edited:
Shocking really by Rockwell. When you look at the support offered freely by siemens (and my experience in the past is that it has been very good) - I don't know how Rockwell can keep charging what they do. Oh well...

Thanks again for the help!