M340 Communication / Domino Printer

mathias39

Hello everyone,
I am currently working on the communication between a Schneider M340 PLC and 2 Domino M230i printers. I wish I could retrieve the status of printers (printing in progress, defects etc ..).
I would like to know if people have some ideas to propose to me.
Thank you

Hello everyone,
I am currently working on the communication between a Schneider M340 PLC and 2 Domino M230i printers. I wish I could retrieve the status of printers (printing in progress, defects etc ..).
I would like to know if people have some ideas to propose to me.
Thank you

What communication protocol does the printer support ?

I communicate in Ethernet / IP but unfortunately I can not find an Ethernet manual for the printer in question

The printers do ASCII over ethernet. I'm not familiar with the M340, but I use socket comms with AB PLC's to send and receive messages from the printers. Create Socket, Open Socket, Send String, Receive String & Close Socket. Closing the socket each time is optional, but make sure you are keeping an eye on what's happening with how many sockets you have instantiated at once.

Code:
#000??]
Sending this command as an ASCII string to the printer is a status request. The printer will send you a reply that is the status or fault. The document I have attached is a reference for Command41, but it has a table for the status or fault replies in it (Pages 13, 14, 15 & 17).

Has anyone found info on this? I'm looking to do exactly the same on a Domino M230i printer... Can't find any technical info beyond basic operator/user manuals.

There is a little bit of info if you look up the user guide for the M-Series touchpanel, Port 9100 gets opened via Ethernet for normal printer diagnostics, but you'd have to use socket comms as I don't believe these do Ethernet I/P.
Best to call domino and ask probably.

I have the whole MecTec manual, but it exceeds the 300K limit (~600K). If you would like it, I can email it to you.

Best to call domino and ask probably.

They will send you similar, so you can do this also. They probably have a tech who can assist you in using it, and will be able to setup the printer parameters to accept the commands from the PLC.

"whole MecTec manual"

Hello,

can someone please supply me the "whole MecTec manual" by mail?

Would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Dr. Dré