Conditional button behavior in Studio 5000 View Designer

bluecthulhu

Hi all. I am attempting to have a button open up a popup screen but only if a certain controller tag has a value > 10. I have played around with the state table and various events but no luck yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

Bind the button's 'Enabled' property to an 'item' in the controller application. If chosen 'item' has a value different than '10' the button will not be operational.

You could use a simple expression evaluating the 'item's value. When the expression is true the button will be operational (Enabled).

Your best bet would be to hide the button when not usable.

Use the same binding 'item'/expression for the 'Visible' button property.

Similar Topics

Hi I have a Crimson 3.1 project which have conditional images and buttons managed by parameters shared with a PLC across a Modbus interface...
Replies
Views
In GT designer 3, the rig operator wants me to display a text string on the screen when a bit goes TRUE, and make it disappear when the bit goes...
Replies
Views
I have 7 input meters to my Red Lion HMI and I need to get 4 readouts on the panel which give the sum of all of meters selected for that output...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I'm working on an existing system where the old programmer (from like 25 years ago) used a bunch of conditional scripts in Wonderware...
Replies
Views
Hi all, This may or may not be a simple question. Another programmer has used a single OTE instruction on a rung with no other conditions to be...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom