Saving txt data with . instead of , separator?

FNC

Hi,

I have a system that creates a text file that is comma delimited and it works great...in the US.

I installed it on a computer in Germany and the number 1.23 was now 1,23 which is a problem because it is imported by a program lokking for commas as a separator between values.

1.23,5.78 in Germany came out as 1,23,5,78 which screws up my import.

I went to Control Panel -> Region (sometimes called Region and Language) -> Additional settings and changed the decimal symbol to a "." but nothing changed. And yes I re-started the computer.

Is there a global windows value elsewhere that I need to change??

Each user has his own regional settings. So if the user is switched, your modification doesnt take effect.

I have this VB script in my Windows based HMIs (siemens WinCC Flexible and Siemens WinCC TIA).
It detects if the decimal point is wrong (and thus the list separator as well):
Code:
charDecPoint = Mid(CStr(8.1), 2, 1)If Not charDecPoint = "." Then 
	SmartTags("decimal_separator_wrong") = True
	ShowSystemAlarm "Decimal separator is wrong. Set decimal to '.', set list separator to ',' in Regional settings."
End If

This is then used to trigger a message and button to appear for the user to set the regional settings automatically via another VB script:
Code:
Dim shell

On Error Resume Next

Set shell = CreateObject("Wscript.shell")
shell.RegWrite "HKCU\Control Panel\International\sDecimal", ".", "REG_SZ"
shell.RegWrite "HKCU\Control Panel\International\sList", ",", "REG_SZ"

If Err.Number <> 0 Then
	ShowSystemAlarm "Error attempting to set the decimal separator set." & Err.Number & " " & Err.Description
    Err.Clear 
    Exit Sub
End If

SmartTags("decimal_separator_wrong") = False
SmartTags("decimal_separator_was_set") = True
ShowSystemAlarm "Decimal separator and list separator were set.\nIf the change does not take effect, then reboot the PC."

Set shell = Nothing
Usually, the user still have to restart Windows.

I am no longer in Germany and was hoping for a quick fix I could do over the phone with them.

I do not see why changing it in Control Panel -> Region doesn't fix it.