Help with RSView32 Alarms

sparkytex

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello guys,

I'm currently trying to figure out what triggers a couple of digital alarms on a local waste water treatment plant's HMI system. It's an RSView32 HMI system which I'm not entirely familiar with, I'm mostly used to Wonderware. They keep getting two alarms every time the plant shuts down for low level in normal circumstances. The issue with this alarm is that it is programmed into their pager alarm system so they are paged this alarm everytime the plant shuts down normally in the middle of the night.

The alarms are called "UV Sump Pump #1 Failure" and "UV Sump Pump #2 Failure". The UV Sumps pumps are controlled by an AB Power Flex drive. When I look for the alarms in the Tag Data base under "alarms" I find them in the UV section labeled as "14-XA-503" and "14-XA-504". What I'm confused about is under "data source" for these alarms the type is "Memory" instead of device. I do not see where to find the RSLogix 5000 address. Any of the analog alarms that are data source type "device" show their corresponding plc address for RSLogix 5000.

I attached a few pictures to show the alarms on the HMI and on the tag data base hoping it helps me find the PLC address associated with these alarms.

thanks for your help,

Tex

Thanks for the reply, I did end up finding where is was originated from by searching through logic. I, also found out why it has always been a problem. The original programmer intended to tie the VFD "Overload" discrete out from the drive into the Alarm "UV Sump pump failure" so that if there was an overload failure the HMI would display "UV Sump pump failure". However, he tied in the running feedback discrete output from the powerflex instead which is why every time the drive shuts off under normal circumstances they get an alarm says its failed.

I'm working on fixing the problem now. While I have you guys here, what does "Warning: duplicate destructive bit reference detected" mean. I've never notice this warning while editing logic.

thanks,

Tex