Linkedin info for consultants

userxyz

Hi,

Just wondering what consultants write in their Linkedin summary/info.

I have 20y experience in the automation world, especially with the brand Siemens. What could be a good info to write... something like: Experienced mofo who writes code ? :D

Or something like:
Experienced automation engineer with 20y experience in automation projects, mostly with Siemens. Non-stop learning attitude and .... blah blah... ?

What do you guys write there in your cases, have some examples ?

Thanks,
Combo

Just take the job responsibilities from your position and place on linked-in, followed by important softwares used in your job, popular brands of equipment or machinery, and then how using all showed a cost-savings, increased efficiency, improved safety, etc. Listing specific dollar amounts or percentages will help also. Colleges teach that Linked-in is a more detailed version of your resume where you can also list smaller projects that you wouldn't include on your resume, but would help showcase your career.

Generally speaking Linked In gets you the chance to send someone your resume. So key words are important. Have experience with Siemens, Rockwell, batch, etc.. works pretty good.

I think I actually check my LinkedIn account about once every two or three years. Mostly, I just have the emails from there moved automagically to my trash folder.

I think I actually check my LinkedIn account about once every two or three years. Mostly, I just have the emails from there moved automagically to my trash folder.

Not just me then, it's generally full of trash anyway, most people seem to treat it like Facebook.