DC-14 economy resistors in the circuit

https://www.electrotechnik.net/2012/05/economy-resistor-in-dc-coils.html

"to limit the current after the contactor has operated, a series resistance is connected. This is known as the economy resistor. The economy resistor enables the design of contactors which can draw heavy initial current and less holding current (resulting in lower power consumption during normal operation). "

This may help you out.
Regards,

Similar Topics

Just for readers in the US, when I write 'gas' I mean it as a state of matter, not shorthand for gasoline :-) I don't understand the logic of a...
Replies
Views
Have any of you who are integrators noticed that no one is spending on capital projects? Our company is a $2-3 million a year PLC & HMI...
Replies
Views
As some of you probably recall I've been happily unemployed for a few months now. I was offered and accepted a job near my hometown in...
Replies
Views
I just wondering how everybody’s business is holding up. I just got of the phone with one of customer, who stated to me “ call him back after...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Happy belated turkey day! I have an ET200SP PLC with serial unit. We read out date from two energy meters using modbus RTU. We run a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom