Ascii to Real Conversion in Siemens PLC S7 - 300

IJK

Dear Experts.

I have a CPU 315-2dp Siemens PLC which is communication between mistubishi fX-3U Series

mistubishi is giving me AScii String data which is actually some real value
i wanted to show this value on hmi

please let me know if there is any conversion meathod in siemens.

Don't forget that Siemens uses a non-standard (not IEEE) format for their floating point notation. You may need to play around with your ASCII String to get it into the correct format for the conversion (probably by adding a couple of zero's to get the number of digits after the decimal point up to the required 7).

Similar Topics

Has anyone had any experience or written any code to convert a real (F file) to an ASCII (ST file) for a AB SLC/Micro, in this case I am using a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, We need to convert ASCII data into Real Raw data, here we use Trimble GPS and need to get the position data. We use SCADAPack 357...
Replies
Views
I have a SINT[500] array that is pulling data from a scale. The maximum number of characters that can be sent by the scale is 6, and there are two...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have a big work cell that has 2 turntables and 4 fixtures, we have the Alpha signs(like you see in the restaurants the scrolling ones)...
Replies
Views
Hello, can you tell me please how i can convert REAL to ASCII? with an example if it is possible. Thank you
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom