Siemens S7 300 ethernet

arocon

We are using siemens s7 300 cpu. For connection to other system ethernet connection and FC 5 was used. In the FC 5 data received said 108 byte but the data block for the receiving block 152 byte and only 84 bytes are used but other bytes are specified as spare.
My questions does this make it problem as received data to be 108 byte but in data block it is 152 bytes,where actual 84 bytes used others written as spare.

Thanks

Hello Arocon,

You shouldn't have any problem.

• The reception DB should be larger than the received data, as in your case.
  • If you are receiving 108 bytes of data, but only using the first 84 bytes, that's no problem. You will get the 108 bytes sent by the other PLC.

Best regards,

Similar Topics

I have a machine that has a Siemens PLC CPU 315-2 PN/DP. It has numerous remote units on profinet using a 192.168.0.x network range. Is it...
Replies
Views
hello dear we have a problem with communicate with delta dop hmi and siemens s7-300 cpu . we use ISO ON TCP connection and AG-SEND and AG-RECV...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody , I have to wonder if it is possible to exchange data and how. Someone knows where I can find material about? any help is...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I'm having trouble connecting to a Siemens Simatic S7-300 CPU 315-2PN/DP via ethernet from a PC using Hyperterminal, I have the correct...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I have an ESA HMI that is connected to a Simatic S7-300 (CPU312). I have uploaded the program from the PLC which is written with Step7...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom