A/B Analog Current Transmitter wiring dilemma

Bit_Bucket

I have them set up for Engineering units and have it scaled for the min max input as in the attached photo.

I have grounded the drains in the panel, that should cover the shield as well, correct? Now they are quick disconnect on the field device--I'm assuming they are not grounded at that end???

I'm getting some decent numbers but they aren't entirely accurate. Trying to tweak the scaled min and max to get the numbers I want. I've never really had to mess with them before; with other temp transmitters I've used plugged in the input min max and scaled min max and they usually were dead on this doesn't seem to be the case. And the scaling for the millisiemens for conductivity, 0-5 ms, there is so little margin for variance since the product I'll be monitoring usually runs about 2.4 depending on the variety (Beer).

Those IF4XOF2 modules need to have a MVM instruction with a mask of hex #7F80 in logic and then one scales out of that. I could attach a screenshot, because this whipped my butt before so I'll never forget it, but I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about. Page 4.7 in the manual. Sorry if I didn't understand which module you're working with.

Those IF4XOF2 modules need to have a MVM instruction with a mask of hex #7F80 in logic and then one scales out of that. I could attach a screenshot, because this whipped my butt before so I'll never forget it, but I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about. Page 4.7 in the manual. Sorry if I didn't understand which module you're working with.

Seriously? I'd like a Screen Shot if you can manage one. Why would they make it so difficult compared to regular modules?

FWIW, the OEM is using this modules, it has spares that's what I'm using, but the input that was supposed to be live (it's simply a Co2 flow measurement from an IFM transmitter to read on the HMI, no control) and from what I understand it has never worked from day one. The SCP instruction has no Masked move or id addressing and physically doesn't seemed wired like I did mine. The two other inputs are in the program but aren't physically attached and it does use the analog outs as VFD control speed reference.

And what manual are you referring to--I don't see a 4.7, just 1-94.
1769-IF4FXOF2F is the module number, also. Not sure if there's a difference

Last edited:
Seriously? I'd like a Screen Shot if you can manage one. Why would they make it so difficult compared to regular modules?

FWIW, the OEM is using this modules, it has spares that's what I'm using, but the input that was supposed to be live (it's simply a Co2 flow measurement from an IFM transmitter to read on the HMI, no control) and from what I understand it has never worked from day one. The SCP instruction has no Masked move or id addressing and physically doesn't seemed wired like I did mine. The two other inputs are in the program but aren't physically attached and it does use the analog outs as VFD control speed reference.

And what manual are you referring to--I don't see a 4.7, just

1-94.
1769-IF4FXOF2F is the module number, also. Not sure if there's a difference

"Why would they make it so difficult compared to other modules?" Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I couldn't get a 0 - 10 VDC output to run a damper motor, or a 4 - 20 mA input for status for 2 days. I even tried a new module (the one I was configuring was new). Finally emailed my boss, who said I ought to download the manual on my phone, and I said that's why I have you, and he sent me the instructions. I'll try to send you the manual number/title page. It was difficult for me to find. Also, the scaling--you'll need a cpt block and use the scale equation. I use FBD Scaling blocks, but the program I have written this in (the pics you see) is on my work computer, and my new employer doesn't have rs5000 with FBD enabled, so I can't show it to you. I'll have a look if you have trouble scaling, and I'll see if I can send you the manual number. Hope this helps. This is rs5000 V. 20.04

IF4XOF2.PNG IF4XOF2_1.PNG

that' the version we're running (20.04). I have FB but I haven't really ever used it. Right now I'm using the SCP AOI and it's working ok but it fluctuates and isn't scaled accurately.

I'll check out your code.

THANKS

OK, so the scaling is on page 4-6, and the MVM info on 4-7. This is what the cover page looks like. Hope I've been able to help you. Everyone has always helped me, and I love reading all these posts. They've saved me countless hours of troubleshooting and frustration.

IF4XOF2_2.PNG

the things is that's a different model number than mine.

Mine is a 1769-IF4FXOF2F. They call it a fast acting not low resolution.

It still may need the same configuration we were talking about previously, I'm not sure. If your values are off, I would look into that, seeing as how you feel the scaling is correct. When I was trying to configure mine, my damper motor would only get 3 volts (0 - 10 VDC)on a 100% command, but would almost move perfectly on a 50% command. Same with status. Might want to check it out. After I did the MVM and scaling, it worked flawlessly.