Clarinet OPC to FTView SE Issue

I've set up a Clarinet OPC server on a remote computer and am now trying to view these OPC tags in FTView SE. I have added the OPC dA server to it's own area in the FT Directory and am able to point it to the CLARiNET OPC server on the remote computer. However I am not able to browse any of the tags in FT View SE. However I can view the tags on a test OPC client on the same computer FTView SE is running. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Clarinet4.PNG Clarinet3.PNG Clarinet2.PNG Clarinet1.PNG

Hello [email protected]

I am on a train writing from my mobile so I only read your email and glanced your screenshots very briefly. In general if on the local OPC client you can see the required OPC items but not from a remote client, you likely are having DCOM security settings issues. Are both workstations on the same Windows domain? If not DCOM security settings become a bit difficult. If the workstations are in the same domain, on the OPC server side you need to grant credentials to the user of the remote OPC client. There is a utility which lets you do this. It is call from the RUN menu or a prompt console with the command dcomcnfg.

Blake: My Clarinet OPC server is located in a different machine but same network, I work on windows Workgroup.
From inside your FTView SE server you add your new OPC server, in this case Clarinet.
Once your Clarinet OPC server is configured as part of FTview se you can procede to do what ever you want, in My case I used derived tags to pass info from clarinet opc server to rslink enterprise server.