Unable to downgrade Panelview Firmware

smelese

Hi guys

I have been trying to downgrade my panelview plus 7 firmware V9 to version 8.0. But each time I open FUW (firmware upgrade wizard) and connect with my panelview, there is an error that pops up that I can't continue anymore. The error states: "The firmware source folder does not contain any valid firmware source files" even though I have the firmware source file in it. I don't know what else to do. I have included a picture of the error below.

Error Picture.PNG

The firmware file - is it an .EXE or .MSI file that needs extracted?

I would go to the folder in Explorer and double click on the file and see if it opens a self-extraction window that un-zips the real firmware file.

The other thought is maybe it isn't for a PV+7, but maybe an old PV

EDIT: Typed too slow again

The thing that caught me out is that when you download and extract the firmware packages, by default it puts the files in one folder, but then by default, the firmware upgrade wizard goes looking for them in another folder. The list of "absolute dumbest idea of any FTView engineer ever" is a long and highly contested one, but for me, this one is right up near the top.

Download and install the firmware package again, and this time, take careful note of where it's extracting it to. Either change the default extraction path to the path shown in the FUW, so the FUW goes looking in the right place, or else if you leave the install location as default, at least note it down, so you know where to to tell the FUW to go looking for it.