pay per view on other fourms

bce123

Lifetime Supporting Member
I was recently browsing the AB general automation fourm and was suprised to see this post the subjejt was, Why do my posts get removed?
the OP was:
I have posted 2 different times in the last 30 days and I don't get a response and the post disappears. Am I Posting incorrectly
the reply to the OP was:
Unfortunately, your posts are moved to a forum which requires a tech-connect number to access. If you do not have a tech-connect number associated with your user ID, you can't see your own posts any more.

This is the rule of the Rockwell forums. I disagree with it, but have not been able to effect a change at Rockwell. Users have to pay for the priviledge of getting help from other paying users.

LOL, Steve

and then i read this:
I believe we have a tech-connect number, it just may not be tied to my user ID. Is there someone I can e-mail to fix this? Just a soap box comment it might be helpfull if when a person posts with out a tech-connect number they get a e-mail or something, just so they don't wait for a anser that is never going to come.
and the reply was:
I would suggest putting a post in the general forum Attention[ this name was removed to protect the innocent] to suggest this.
forgot a few details:
then the OP said:
The forum USED to show that the message was moved. They upgraded the software, and it no longer does.

not as funny. makes me think how lucky we are to have this fourm and all the experts on it. so maybe buy a book here or upgrade your membership or become a member and help support this FREE fourm. Thanks to all who help and teach here, Steve

I'd have to agree that this forum is much more user friendly.

Unless I have a reason that I need RA's Technical Support, I come here. I find that the forum members here are very knowledgeable, and if necessary, will cite RA Knowledgebase articles, and even let you know which article to refer to.

I do have a valid TechConnect contract, but I use it mostly for upgrades/firmware downloads. I have used it for RA Tech Support from time to time (usually ending in frustration).