iFix Driver Updates

Andrew Hardy

Morning All,

A client has iFix SCADA connected via RS232 to a Mitsi PLC. The PLC has been upgraded from A-series to Q series (specifically the comms cards have changed from A1SJ71C24R2 to QJ71C24N R2). I know the new comms card hasn't been configured, and I'm going to do that tomorrow. The question is if I set up the comms on the Q series card exactly as per the A series will the SCADA spring into life or do I need a new driver for iFix?

I'm not on site right now, hence can't tell you what version of iFix is running or even which OS it's running under (I'm guessing XP but it is an old PC, so may be W2000 / even NT?)

I don't know what's installed on the iFix machine in terms of alternate drivers, so where could I get a new one from?

I tried ringing GE but I was put through to tech. support's voicemail. If anyone is a UK distributor with good knowledge of iFix or a friendly S.I. I'd really appreciate some help.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks for looking - MQE seems to be an ethernet driver - the comms are good 'ol RS232. As I haven't had anything to do with the SCADA end until now I don't really know what the current driver is.

Sorted it out chaps!
For the record the I set the Q-series card to exactly the same parameters as the original A-series, rebooted both PLC and PC and it sprang into life. No new driver required - happy days.
Settings were
19200, 8 data, no parity (even), 1 stop, checksum on, write during run enabled, protocol 1.