Micrologix 1400 and Citect

gnash-

Hi everyone

I need help connecting a Micrologic 1400 PLC to Citect SCADA version 7.2. I am using the ABMLXEIP protocol to configure the IODevice in Citect. When I compile the Citect project and use Tag Debug to try and read a bit address on the Micrologix 1400 PLC I cant read anything. I dont know how to check if the PLC is communicating with Citect at all?

The Schneider Electric FAQ on ABMLXEIP (http://www.citect.schneider-electric.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8494) states that you need a 1761 NET-ENI Module for the protocol to work but I dont have one, instead I am using the RJ45 (COM Port 1) port configured as an Ethernet Channel on the Micrologix 1400. Is this the issue and if so, how do I communicate my Micrologix 1400 PLC with Citect without a 1761 NET-ENI Module?

Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

That FAQ is from 2008. This is before Ethernet/IP capabities on the micrologix line (1100 and 1400). So I think you're fine from a hardware standpoint.

Hi gnash-, to confirm if Citect is talking to PLC you need to make a test page in Citect with all the boards correctly assigned then when connecting the Test Page it will say "Comms", "Good or Bad".

MLX 1400 has on board ethernet, so is that an option? Have only done this is version 6.1, but can show you a ethernet setup in citect if thats any help?

You can check if the server is working by using the kernel and looking (page up / down) at the 'driver'.

Post some screen shots of the communication setup if you can?

you will get #com on the screens if it isnt communicating is anbother way to tell

you would use the serial driver for 1000 and 1200 series micrologix plcs.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Is the IP address properly configured on the same subnet as the SCADA system?
I believe it is, both the PLC and the Citect have the same Subnet Mask and when I "ping" the PLC from the Citect server computer I get a response.

MLX 1400 has on board ethernet, so is that an option?
I think that is what I am plugged in to and what I meant when I described the the RJ45 (COM Port 1) port.

For Duckman and Robo regarding checking the coms between Citect and the PLC:
I checked out the Citect Kernel and I can see now that the IO device is offline. I have attached photos of the Kernel readout and the coms settings for the IO device. I know the ABMLXEIP board (BOARD4) is working for other IO devices, just not this one so far.

citectIO.png comsSetup.jpg

Can you ping the plc from that pc that citect is running on? I cant remember if you need rslinx (non lite version) for that. Can you see the plc in rslinx?

I can ping the PLC from the Citect server computer but I can't see the PLC in RSLinx Classic on the Citect server computer??

I have not had any experience with RSLinx before. Does the PLC need to be visible in RSLinx before Citect can communicate with it?

I just cant remember off the top of my head - will run it on the test bench tomorrow if someone else hasn't helped out

gnash, l believe you will require full version of RSLinx to be able to comm with Citect, is this what you have.

Yes, we do have a full version of RSLinx but I am noticing now that the version we have is version 2.57.00.14 CPR 9 SR 3.

I'll update to the latest version (3.60.00) and see what happens...

I just setup a virtual pc with just citect and no rslinx, and it works. abmlxeip works with just the dongle activation from citect.
have a look at the gateway setup of your network - that may be the problem. if you can take your citect machine and hook into the plc without a managed switch, and it works, there are gateway problems.

I actually have two lots of my IO device configured in Citect, a primary and a standby. After further inspection of the IOServer kernals I noticed that my IO device is connected and "Active" on the Standby server but not on the Primary Server.

The primary Citect server and the standby Citect server have the same Subnet Masks and Default Gateways.

The only difference I can see in the IOdevice settings between the two (aside from one being marked as Primary/Priority 1 and the other being Standby/Priority 2) is that the Board on the Standby server says "BATCIT82" in the "Special Opt" field.

I looked in the Citect.ini file and found the following:

[LAN]
Node = BATCIT82
TCPIP = 1

! #CSE:UserItem#

What is going on here?

PrimaryStandby.jpg