Flex I/Oanalog input/output devicenet I/O parameter issue

electric101

Greetings,
I'm about to begin a new job taking on a major operation drive by controllogix processors and tons of flex I/O modules.... its a big plant and a huge job to take on, and while i have alot of other automation experience and programing experience in other types of controllers i'm just learning PLC programing. The Good News is i have RSLOGIX 500 with a micrologix 1500 and RSLOGIX 5000 with a softlogix 5800 controller, a 1784 PCIDS devicenet scanner and a 1794 adapter with 16bit dc input a 16bit dc output and a 1794-IF2XOF2I 2 channel output 2 channel input to learn with. I have set the devicenet system up without the analog module, figured out rsnetworks enough to be able to write simple code enough to toggle outputs using the inputs.... the problem starts when i add the analog module. If i let rsnetworks scan on its own it finds the analog module but sets the I/O summary as 4input words (2 for the adapter and 2 for the digital input module) and 4 output words (2 for the digital output module and 2 for the analog module) however, it will not allow you to browse down to the bit level in the IO summary. IF however i go into the I/O summary of the 1794 and hit the defaults button it sets the input words to 5 (I/O only) and output words to 3(I/O only) If i download this to both the 1794 and the 1784 scanner my IO light goes red on the adapter and i get the errors listed in the log at the bottom of one of the screenshots im including.

Anyone have any experience with this? anyone know what I should set the Input word / output word size to or what else i could be doing wrong?

thanks so much in advance.

IMG_20150930_195121.jpg IMG_20150930_195044.jpg IMG_20150930_194839.jpg IMG_20150930_194829.jpg

anyone? just another piece of info, if i start over setup from scratch RSNETWORKS 1794 adapter alocates 1output word and 0 input words for the device... if i just use that the 1794 adapter then flashes green on the IO light. but the "OK" light on the analog module still flashes green. could this be the proper setup??

The 1794-ADN is like the girlfriend who won't stop comparing you to her ex.

Once the 1794-ADN has an I/O connection established, it refuses attempts to reconfigure that connection.

That's true even if the existing I/O connection has a size mismatch and you're trying to download one that is correct. And it's true even if you've deleted the I/O connection but have not yet cycled power.

So the procedure for reconfiguring a 1794-ADN is always:

1. Delete the Scanlist entry for the 1794-ADN and download that Scanlist.
2. Cycle power to both the DeviceNet network and the 1794-ADN itself.

At this point the 1794-ADN has finally forgotten about its old I/O connection, but not about its configuration.

4. Reconfigure the 1794-ADN for the correct number of bytes and download that configuration to the 1794-ADN.

5. Reconfigure the Scanlist entry to match, and download that configuration to the Scanner.

6. Put the Scanner into RUN mode and admire the matching solid greed LEDs.

Thanks Ken!!! that and me rereading the manual of the analog in/out module for the 3rd time and seeing the correct word sizes for input and out put allowed me to finally get solid green OK and green IO on the adapter. .... now my next challenge is to figure out how to use it in RSLOGIX 5000. I havent found any good examples yet... neither have i figured it out in just playing with it. I do know the module works though because i have a variable 5vdc power supply that i can connect and watch the voltage change on the input in rsnetworks input monitor. AGAIN THANKS KEN!