Barcode Reader

shaulapto

Hi,

For a packing machine application I need to connect a PLC to two fixed position barcode readers with the following specifications:
1.Up to four readings per second.
2.Reading distance about 50mm.
3.Pharmacode if it is possible.

I checked with Omron and Sick but they are too expensive for my client ($1200-$2000 each),on the other side there are some cheaper units arround $600-$700 but according with the suppliers they are not suitable for my application.

Could someone recommend a barcode reader supplier for this application?

Thanks.

three other barcode scanner manufactures that we've used other than the afore mentioned Accusort. are PSC at www.pscnet.com. www.intermec.com. The one we currently use on our high speed lableeing conveyers is a Datalogic model DS2400 which are rs232+rs485 cabable. The DS2400 is probably your least expensive.