Siemens STEP 7 - disk gone /authorization zapped

Mr_Anderson

Now before anybody goes thinking I have a Parrot on my shoulder and a wooden peg on my leg......

I would like to know what my options are.

After a recent HD failure of a laptop, our SIEMENS installation has been totally lost. So I now went to grab our SIEMENS STEP 7 V5.1 CD-ROM, found the jewel case but no CD. Stuffed before I started... I did however find the YELLOW "Multi Authorization" disk but fear its of no value at all either. This is mainly cause in the SIMATIC STEP 7 box I found a piece a paper that a former Engineer had left that was a communication between himself and SIEMENS doing an "authorization" via email/phone. So I think the YELLOW disk has nothing on it.

Anywho, what I do have is all the relevant serial numbers and the "Certifcate of License".

I just tried to email them and got a bounced email. (I'm in Australia and trying to find a good email for them)

Will SIEMENS be able to help me out? Or am I stuffed and now looking at having to purchase the whole STEP 7 software again?

Thanks

Mr_Anderson

Just to follow up - SIEMENS sent us two "Yellow" authorizations disks after we sent them copies of the "Certificates" of ownership.

It was a particular hard process communicating with them via email, as I semed to be emailing somebody who struggled with English (or was using the GOOGLE TRANSLATOR). However, there English was better then my Chinese!

Anywho... our installations are back up and running.

Hi roxtech,
I have use SUPCON dcs ,and can share some problems with you ,but, I now not clear what kind of problems are you interested in owing to DCS is such a complexity system.