Need A Counter Programme

m.raji

hai

I AM USING STEP5 PROGRAMME SOFTWARE IN THIS I WANT TO MAKE A COUNTER PROGRAMME. I WANT TO COUNT NUMBER OF PICES THAT PASS THROUGH CONVEYOR. THE NUMBER OF PICES THAT PRODUCED PER DAY MAY BE IN LAKHS.KINDLY SUGGEST HOW TO WRITE THE PROGRAMME IN STL.

counter

hi,
actually, your conveyor need a loop to make sure it move continously, right. do you use a timer like t0 or whatever. what i'm doing is, i park the counter at the end of cycle (INC c0) and reset t0.
this loop will move until the compared value (such as c0 = value that you enter).

what you have to do is :

1. set the loop, how many loop you want
2. increase value of counter
3. and lastly make sure that you must reset the first timer.

just try.

I am going to sound nasty with this reply.

You need a sensor (normally a photoeye) to use as an input to show when something has passed. Use that as an input to a counter in the plc software to increment by 1 each time a package passes by

NOW if this is beyond your comprehension then you should not be doing this project. STUDY MORE...please

Note: There is a limit on the number count with plc's.

Please dont get upset with the replies you get. Your post shows minimal ability/desire with plc's. Desire is reading and learning on your own the simple things...this is a simple thing.

Why do I say that? I am not a programmer per se but can fathom my way thru a situation that needs a counter in a plc.

Hi

On your conveyor there is a sensor that can be used for count pieces?
You can use a counter or you can use a Word for count, where do you must show the number of count?.

If there is a HMI pannel and you must show the value is better to use a word that you can diplay directly the vale.
In this case you must make a pulse signal of sensor and with this increment a count in a Merker Word.

Tell me what you wont use and I can help you for write an example for the S5 logical.

Luca
(Italy)

luca.bettinelli said:
Hi

On your conveyor there is a sensor that can be used for count pieces?
You can use a counter or you can use a Word for count, where do you must show the number of count?.

If there is a HMI pannel and you must show the value is better to use a word that you can diplay directly the vale.
In this case you must make a pulse signal of sensor and with this increment a count in a Merker Word.

Tell me what you wont use and I can help you for write an example for the S5 logical.

Luca
(Italy)

hai LUCA

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY, IN THE CONVEYOR WE ARE USING A SENSOR 2 NOS
AND I WANT TO DISPLAY ON OP15 HMI.KINDLY SUGGEST ME

THANKS

M.RAJI