Multiple Channel Ethernet Temperature Controller

boiler-todd

I had a nice Omron temperature controller spec'd out that utilized a comm module on DeviceNet that I could tie multiple temp controllers on to it. The specs have now changed to use Ethernet/IP instead. I have 10 heaters to control or 5 pairs of top and bottom. I have found some dual channel units that are ethernet ready. But each one requires an IP address. That will use up 5 addresses and with four machines that is 20 addresses. I have two questions.
  1. Can I use something like a subnet to minimize the IP addresses. The four machines are identical and I would like to just dump one set of addresses instead of adjusting each machine to its own allocated addresses.
  2. Is there anything out there that is a multiple channel temp controller for like 12 channels and ethernet.
Thanks for reading...

Todd.

I used a Honeywell's HC-900 for 16 temperature loops. About the same size/format as A-B SLC.

Convenient because operator interface doesn't need special software, loop screens and alarm screens are preprogrammed.

I/O is modular. AI's are universal - take either RTD or any of the Thermocouples. Includes an autotune algorithm.

http://content.honeywell.com/imc/pi/hybrid/