MODBUS TCP Between S7300 CPU 314 and SCADAPack RTU Via CP 343-1

rahilansari

Dear All

I have worked with MODBUS TCP and RTU many times and commissioned successfully.
Here First time I m working with S7300 to establish communication between S7 300 CP 343-1 (As Client) and RTU (Server).First of all I checked the manuals and found the FB106, FB107 and FB108 need to be copied and configure FB 108 which call FB106 and 107 internally depends on whether we use it as Client or Server. I need to write some boolean values to the RTU and Read some boolean. But when download I am getting an error A090 i think this is related to license!! How I can skip this???

Also somewhere I found an another block FB101 which also can be usedto configure but don't have any manual for it searched a lot on the internet but did not found.

Can any one help me or guide me in this regards.

Thanks
Rahil

Im pretty sure the Modbus connection on a S7-300 has to be licenced have purchased the licence?

A090 error code is for licencing The server/client connection will still work you just have the SF light on the CPU.

Check out the following link for set-up & licencing details

https://w3.siemens.com/mcms/topics/en/siplus/ric-telecontrol/Documents/ric-docu/modbus-tcp_funktionsbeschreibung_en.pdf

So you have to buy the hardware capable of talking Modbus THEN you need to licence it, what's all that about ?

PS, I don't use Siemens hence the question !

Hi all
Thanks for your replies. First the hardware I have used is capable of establishing Modbus communication with other devices. Second I have read in some forums that even if the error A090 come and SF led flashes slowly the data transfer will occur. In this particular job I have only one connection and purchasing license is costly solution isn't it???

So you have to buy the hardware capable of talking Modbus THEN you need to licence it, what's all that about ?

PS, I don't use Siemens hence the question !

It is only a problem if you use the older PLCs. The newer 1200 and 1500 families include blocks for modbus RTU and TCP.

Yes I can confirm its still works fine had it on a project I worked on its just you will have the SF light of the CPU flashing but if that's not issue for ya then your sorted.

Did you manage to get your connection up and going ?

I am literally in the process of doing this and found out about the license the hard way!

With the S7300 MODBUS needs to be licensed as you know. The S71200 doesn't need to be licensed.

I just bought the license from Parmley Graham in the UK for £601.00GBP. Part number 2XV94501MB02. Once you have the license (physical product) it then took Germany 24hours to issue me the code.

Ironically I think it would be cheaper to buy a basic 1200 and add it to your network to handle the MODBUS.

I too found it very strange that you need a license to use it... not very impressed about it but I think it may be a legacy think which is being phased out.