KFD32 Error: Initialization Failed

mccecim

Hi,
I have a SLC 5/05 and a DNET Scanner (1747-SDN) to communicate to my other devices on a DeviceNet Network. The Linx driver is already configured and baud rate, COM port checked. I'm trying to go online on DeviceNet network trought 1770-KFD and a USB-Serial converter (the converter is working well) but when I try to go online I have the error:
KFD32 error: Initialization failed.
Is someone could suggest what can I do to solve the problem?

What is the behaviour of the LEDs, the lamp indicators of the 1770-KFD?
It seems you may be having problems in the RS232C side.
Many USB to RS232C converters do not work with legacy RS232C devices. One way to see if the initialization problem is related to RS232C communication is to use a desktop PC with a COM port build-in the mother board and see if the tool can initialize the 1770-KFD, If you do not get the "Initialization Failed" error on the desktop, the problem is likely in the USB-serial converter. If you also get the same error on the desktop, the this suggests the serial cable you are using has a problem.

Agreed; the cable for the 1770-KFD requires those jumpers. You can use a cable from the -KFD for ordinary SLC serial ports, but you can't use the ordinary SLC serial port cable (1747-CP3 or equivalent) on a 1770-KFD.

I have generally had good luck using USB/RS232 converters with the 1770-KFD, but I mostly use the reliable Keyspan USA-19HS.