AB Panel View Plus 7

andave

What do I need to install on my computer to get recognized new AB PV +7. I have a yellow question mark in RSlinx Classic lite, EDS files had been installed successfully.

Thx

According to Rockwell KnowledgeBase the firmware of the PV7+ needs updated to ver 8.0 or higher.

Also, it can NOT be upgraded over Ethernet, have to use USB or SD card.

BF23124 | Access Levels: TechConnect

According to Rockwell KnowledgeBase the firmware of the PV7+ needs updated to ver 8.0 or higher.

Also, it can NOT be upgraded over Ethernet, have to use USB or SD card.

BF23124 | Access Levels: TechConnect

Could someone tell me whats is firmware version on my PV7+ according to the attached picture, please?

PV7+.jpg

I have Panel View 7 + v.10 and FactoryTalk V.8. I checked compatibility on the site (see attached file). What can I do in my case? Can I downgrade Firmware on PV7+ to one of the compatible version? or any ideas

PV7+ v10 vs FT v8.png

What exactly are you trying to do? Yes, if you have FTview me version 8 that you are using to develop an application, you will probably have to downgrade the firmware that is on the terminal.

What exactly are you trying to do? Yes, if you have FTview me version 8 that you are using to develop an application, you will probably have to downgrade the firmware that is on the terminal.

I have a programme which was developed on FT view v.8, the old one PV is obsolete. That’s why we bought new, only PV 7+ available for sell now. Actually FT v. 8 doesn’t want to recognize mer file from FT v5 ask to use “Legacy Tag Database Conversion” if some one familiar with it please let me know

In general, a PV+ 7 with v10 firmware can run a Runtime (*.MER) application that was created for any older firmware version. ActiveX controls and KepServer drivers would be my principal concerns.

Have you tried moving the MER onto the terminal with an SD card or USB drive and just running it ?

Updating the FactoryTalk Linx (or maybe the whole FTView Studio installation ) to use the Upload/Download network utility, or de-compiling a *.MER from an old system, are separate considerations than "can my new terminal run this old project".

In general, a PV+ 7 with v10 firmware can run a Runtime (*.MER) application that was created for any older firmware version. ActiveX controls and KepServer drivers would be my principal concerns.

Have you tried moving the MER onto the terminal with an SD card or USB drive and just running it ?

Updating the FactoryTalk Linx (or maybe the whole FTView Studio installation ) to use the Upload/Download network utility, or de-compiling a *.MER from an old system, are separate considerations than "can my new terminal run this old project".

Thank you for your suggestions!

I have tried to move MER to the terminal it's working but with the wrong resolution, I can't see any data from PLC on it. I definitely need to do it in Factory Talk Studio. As you recommend I can't to upgrade FT v.8 to higher version because of money matters on my work))) Could you tell me about de-compiling a .MER you mentioned.