Kinetix 6000 with SEW servo motor?

nightline

Gents,

I'm asked to check if an SEW servo motor with Hiperface encoder can be used with an Kinetix 6000 sercos servo drive.
When I check the manual, an Hiperface seems to be supported by this type of drive.
When I look in the software (Studio 5000) in the configuratie of servo proporties, I can select 10 types of encoders but non of them is a Hiperface unless it's called different.
Can somebody shine some light on this?

The SEW motor is an: CMP40M/BP/KY/AK0H/SB.
The drive is an:2094-BM1 or 2 rev. 1.135

Jack

If I set the SRS or SRM encoder type, the cycles are set default at 1024, and I've not the possibility to modify this to the needed 4096.
Is there a work around known?

Hmm just double checked and I can't change it either. Are you sure you need 4096? I don't think that number is the same as pulses per rev. I think it's full cycles and so you end up with a lot more pulses per rev than you might think.

Does it work with it set to 1024? I think for srs that is 32k pulses and srm is more like 134 million

Well we are building a car for carnaval, and all the controls servo VFD's is stuff we get from companies. So for long time we have the Kinetix 6000 servo rack, and for some moves it was nice to use the very small geared servo's from the SEW brand which we have. And these motors are equiped with the 4096 Hiperface encoders.

Hmm yeah I am not sure, then. I would talk to your AB distributor to get support.