VDF Power Flex700

JavsRD

Hello everyone I'm new on this forum... And I think that have a big problem with a PF 700

I'm a working in a food plant, this weekend was assigned to me the service of a PF700 100Hp... I cleaned all covers and contacts from the vdf and when I put again on the machine and try to run the vdf said HW over current

What could be the cause of this problem :((
Thanks

I had dealt with over current once. Check input voltage using a meter. In my case I had one leg that was welded to a tightening screw. I could not get wire out ended up cutting the wire and installing new drive.

Welcome Javs,

Drive output is exceeding the software limit. One thing you could check is P168[START AT POWERUP], set to 0 (Disabled) and apply power, see if it still faults. You could also try disconnecting the motor leads and seeing if it still faults.

This would help you narrow down if it is a drive issue or a physical constraint.

I realized the these without motor and the vdf runs good..but I see one thing that I don't know if that is normal, that hertz on the vdf goes to negative..

... I cleaned all covers and contacts from the vdf and when I put again on the machine and try to run the vdf said HW over current...
What do you mean by this? Did you remove the drive from its cabinet, then reconnect it?

What do you mean by "clean" as well?Did you use any sort of cleaning solution on anything?

Was the VFD running fine before you started to clean it? Or had it been sitting unused for years somewhere?

Details matter. The more details you can givem the better we can help you.
I realized the these without motor and the vdf runs good..but I see one thing that I don't know if that is normal, that hertz on the vdf goes to negative..
If the VFD is set up to operating in Sensorless Vector Control mode and you do not have the motor connected, what does in trying to "find" and operate the non-existant motor makes any readouts irrelevant.

Last edited:
Update...
I connected all load terminals and the vdf runs good, but the voltage on the output is 0, if I see the monitor the voltage output and see 440vac..
Anyway the supervisor decided send the vdf to a certificate repair shop..
:( He loss the confidence on me

New update
The VDF is running again :)..
The real problem was in one of the IGBT's, maybe for static (my mistake) one igbt stayed in a like unknown state... The problem was resolved just with create a condition of short circuit (connect negative and positive cable *I don't know how to say this in English ) obviously without energy and careful... Then put all on he's place and runs like new :)
I still have a lot to learn :)