White vs Gray Wire Duct

Esieli

What do you guys think? Gray or white for wire duct? Does white look better and/or get dirty too quick?

Interested to hear what everyone else does and why. The cost seems to be the same.

That is why I do not use white....shows dirt too much.
Grey is even better than black, because black shows too much dust....IMHO

I prefer White. Not such a stark contrast to the backpanel, so it blends better. That allows a person to better focus on the terminals, devices, etc.

Dang it, I was just about to place the order for gray until you said this. lol

Keep the arguments coming.

Grey.

Of you don't wear gloves while building the panel you will hate yourself when you have to wash the white ducts when you are done.

Fingers get really dirty even with clean-new parts, clean spools of wire, and clean tools.

I prefer White. Not such a stark contrast to the backpanel, so it blends better.

thats fine

That allows a person to better focus on the terminals, devices, etc.

I dont want that guy working in my panel. lmao

In my experience, every panel that I have seen that used white, looks like complete trash in a year or two.

We use white here. I think it looks much cleaner. The dirt problem depends on your environment. Many of our panels are in dusty rather than greasy environments. I think generally they still look pretty good even after 10+ years.

Grey shows the dirt too.

Hot spots, flashovers?? please stay away from my panels:p

Some customers of ours actually have a spec that calls out grey for AC and white for DC.

We tend to use white for everything if not called in spec - not for any particular reason.

Some customers of ours actually have a spec that calls out grey for AC and white for DC.

We tend to use white for everything if not called in spec - not for any particular reason.

I have one of those in my shop that was built by another vendor. Not only was it a bad design, but it was built terribly also.

heads would roll if a panel left my shop looking like this one. lmao.