PLC - HMI Communication Issues

Grab a new Ethernet cable and and eliminate the switch from the equation. Run your new cable directly from HMI to to PLC and see if the issue is resolved.

If the issue is resolved then you have a bad cable, bad switch, or as bryan said something that is using that switch as well is a duplicate.

Also, angry IP scanner is a little less robust than wireshark but a little easier to use if you want to try that.

I'm not familiar with the details of the C-More software, but would suggest checking cables if this was a machine that worked just fine for an extended period of time and then stared having issues.

If it is a problem that has been there all along, then check the details of the IP configurations of both the HMI and the PLC (gateway IP, network mask, speed and duplex).

EDIT: I was curious about the driver name in your screen shot so I found this:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=851571#post851571

Looks like the driver name is right for your hardware combo.

The port number (2) in your screen shot also stands out to me. In the video example, they leave that port number at the default 44818. It might not help, but can't hurt.

Paul, something is odd. your link sends my browsers (chrome and FF) to your post in this same thread. (?) my browsers or something buggered at plcs.net?

Also, this screen image is initiated from the HMI hardware system screen -- iirc

Paul, something is odd. your link sends my browsers (chrome and FF) to your post in this same thread. (?) my browsers or something buggered at plcs.net?

Also, this screen image is initiated from the HMI hardware system screen -- iirc

Thank you, I still had time to fix my link. It was supposed to be this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZiWMdZyKUY

is there a way to check which protocols are incorrect or not? I've looked over everything and it looks good, but im still having the same issue. o_O

Here is all the IP info, I also attached images.

PLC IP:90.0.0.157
Subnet:255.255.255.0
Gateway:90.0.0.156

HMI IP:90.0.0.150
Gateway:-

PC IP:90.0.0.157
Gateway:90.0.0.156

hmi IP.png PC IP.png PLC IP.png

You wrote that the PLC and PC IP addresses are the same which would be a problem. But, your pictures show something different. I think there is a problem with the gateway addresses. The PC gateway address is pointing at the PLC...I've never seen that before.

I still think the port number in the HMI setting should be 44818, and also agree that you should be using private IP addresses for all three devices, and they should all have the same gateway address or none at all. The gateway addresses should only be required if there is a router or switch that needs to forward IP packets to and from another network or the internet.

Last edited:
Like I mentioned in a previous post I am still a little green under the gills, and learning alot everyday. I looked at the gateways and when I removed the gateways numbers all together I lost contact with the PLC. I have 2 other machines that I am working on that are all the same I have to have the gateway pointed at the PLC for it to work properly. As fr as changing the port number on HMI I did that the other day with a mistake I had just noticed i put in 48818 instead of 44818. With that being changed it now function properly. Thank you again for your help. Much appreciated.:p🍺