Plclogix help

Meyers Mills

I use plclogix plc training /simulation software to get accustomed to the Alan Bradley Rslogix 5000/500 Platforms;it very good learning tool.
Plclogix has the same graphical user interface, tags, features like Rslogix.
I am having problems creating NO parallel connection on the same rung.I am finding it difficult extending the parallel connection by dragging .The parallel connection is placed at the wrong position, I need to extend it a bit to be in line with other one.
Anyone ever used this program?
Thanks

Last edited:
Can you upload some images (press [prt sc] and then paste into [Windows Accessories ...] => [Paint] ... [paste] ... [File] => [Save As ...] => [PNG]).

1) What are you getting that you don't want?
2) What do you want it to look like?

not sure exactly what you mean - but if you're trying to get all of the branches to line up "artistically" then that won't work ... some branches will be shorter than others ...

that's just the way it works with the "real" software - so I assume that your training software will be similar ...

if I guessed wrong - and you meant something else - then attach a few screen shots as drbitboy suggested ...

Ron you are right, I am problem writing this circuit using plclogix. I am finding it difficult placing the parallel branch below the top one using plclogix, it is getting placed beside the top one. I hope you understand.
My laptop doesn't have internet access, I am having problems attaching some screen shots.I am using my smart.
Ron have you ever used plclogix?

Last edited:
In LogixPro (RS500) you need to drag the contacts into the rung branch, you can't drag the branch around the above rung contacts.

In PLCLogix (RS5000) you click on the top left corner of the branch, you then click on "add branch level" this will give parallel branches inline with the other branches.

see if the figure below helps ... if it's not what you need, then try to add more detail to your question ... this is ONE way to position a branch in RSLogix5000 ...

Ron have you ever used plclogix?

nope ... I've always been lucky (I prefer to say "blessed") to have the "real-thing" ...

BRANCH.PNG

Last edited:
Ron same problem, please download the plclogix trial version free from www. Plclogix.com website. The trial version is valid for 15 days .
It is a great learning tool for the beginner who wants to familiarize with RSlogix designer.
It is 1:20 am local time , want to get some sleep; couldn't sleep all night cos of this. Later I will look into it, thanks for your support!

Facebook : wise samlafo
Ghana

Last edited:
Meyers Mills

PLC Logix is a simulator-based off Logix Pro and now owned by George Brown College for their online PLC training program and they sell it directly on the PLC Logix website.

It is a simulator with a very basic function as compared to the real RS Logix 5000.

PLC Logix will not allow you to add a branch to an existing instruction. The branch has to be added first and then the desired instructions have to be added.

If you had the capability to compare them side by side you would see there is quite a bit of difference in the way the gray target boxes and green target circles appear. I imagine they do this so you can not use nested branches as nested branches are hard to process and may not run well in their simulator.

There are also many instructions that PLC Logix will not run just like Logix Pro was in the past.

RS Logix Emulate 5000 / Studio 5000 Logix Emulate is as close as you can get to real hardware emulation and even it has some limitations.

Here is a video that may be helpful for this specific question and the other link is the PLC Logix video series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHV4eGmDnXA

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGPMe5bBPaDjz558d4xEQIIp_r75jV_MH

I have many of my students ask me about using PLC Logix for further practice and I tell them it's best if they have the software at work and can get some old hardware to build a training station to use that is best because tools like these force you to do things in a manner that is different than the real software you are training to use and can lead to a lot of confusion hindering the learning process in my opinion but if you are planning to practice with it a lot learn all its limitations and differences from the real software and hardware and keep those in mind while practicing.

Last edited:
Phil Buchanan
You made some important points. Those slight glitches here and there but , I believe it was worth downloading the trial version: I will help the newbie create new project, create/edit/monitor tags, force I/O and even go 'online!.
I would recommend it to anyone who wants to familiarize Rslogix User interface