ControlLogix 1756-L62 Date and Time

ebolbol

what keeps setting my local PLC time 8 hours back? even when I hit the "set time to workstation", it immediately gets overwritten.:confused:

** EDIT ** Your time is 8 hours BACK, not forward?

That tells us that you have logic that is writing the wrong time to your controller. Look for the SSV instruction instead of the GSV that I mentioned below. The SSV also would access the WALLCLOCKTIME object and have the DateTime attribute. Make sure that is set to LocalDateTime.

** END EDIT **

The controller stores time in two places. One is the time zone, daylight savings adjusted "local" time, and the other is the UTC time (previously known as Greenwich Mean Time).

When you are plugging in your local time it is reverting to the UTC time which is +8 from California.

Look for an instruction in your logic called a GSV. Look for a GSV that is accessing the WALLCLOCKTIME. Look for an attribute setting on that instruction called DateTime. What you WANT is LocalDateTime. Change that setting and your time should show correctly.

OG

Last edited:
** EDIT ** Your time is 8 hours BACK, not forward?

That tells us that you have logic that is writing the wrong time to your controller. Look for the SSV instruction instead of the GSV that I mentioned below. The SSV also would access the WALLCLOCKTIME object and have the DateTime attribute. Make sure that is set to LocalDateTime.

** END EDIT **

The controller stores time in two places. One is the time zone, daylight savings adjusted "local" time, and the other is the UTC time (previously known as Greenwich Mean Time).

When you are plugging in your local time it is reverting to the UTC time which is +8 from California.

Look for an instruction in your logic called a GSV. Look for a GSV that is accessing the WALLCLOCKTIME. Look for an attribute setting on that instruction called DateTime. What you WANT is LocalDateTime. Change that setting and your time should show correctly.

OG
Youre absolutely right! Here is what I found...what's with the SUB block? Had that been done properly?

20140221_151054-1.jpg

I had the same problem before and Operaghost is right. You need to set your "Attribute Name" to "LocalDateTime" and this will correct your problem. I have attached an AOI that I created that will gather all the time info you could want that outputs the date, time, year in a variety of strings for you to use, or you could use any individual component for your needs. To upload the exported AOI I had to change the file extension to .DOC for this forum to allow me to upload it. So if you want to use it then download it and manually change the file extension to .L5X Then right click on your Add-On Instructions folder in your tree and select import to bring it in.

AOI Screen Shot.jpg

Attachments

• SYSTEM_DATE_TIME.doc
    12.3 KB · Views: 130
I had the same problem before and Operaghost is right. You need to set your "Attribute Name" to "LocalDateTime" and this will correct your problem. I have attached an AOI that I created that will gather all the time info you could want that outputs the date, time, year in a variety of strings for you to use, or you could use any individual component for your needs. To upload the exported AOI I had to change the file extension to .DOC for this forum to allow me to upload it. So if you want to use it then download it and manually change the file extension to .L5X Then right click on your Add-On Instructions folder in your tree and select import to bring it in.

Thank you guys so much. You guys are truly awesome for sharing your knowledge.

JDCROCKETT724, I will definitely try the instruction Monday. A big load will be lifted.

Best regards.

That was a cool add on instruction and it worked. I changed the file extension to .L5X and imported it. It seems to work. Thanks genius.

How to Change File Extension in Windows 10

1. Open Windows File Explorer.
  2. Click the "View" tab. Tick the "File name extensions" option.
  3. Now you can see the file extension of all your files. Find the file that you would like to change the file extension, right-click the file, choose rename, and enter the new file extension.