Exporting CSV Audit files from PvP7 (ME v10)

Evirua

I've set up the path in my CSV Export Setup as "\my documents" and I assumed this meant that upon triggering the export, I would find the audit file in Windows CE's "my documents", yet this is not the case.

FT ME v10 flaunts the possibility of local onboard exporting of audit and alarm information, as opposed to having to export to Asset Centre in the previous ME versions. Am I misinterpreting what this local exporting means? Not looking in the right place?

I've set up the path in my CSV Export Setup as "\my documents" and I assumed this meant that upon triggering the export, I would find the audit file in Windows CE's "my documents", yet this is not the case.

FT ME v10 flaunts the possibility of local onboard exporting of audit and alarm information, as opposed to having to export to Asset Centre in the previous ME versions. Am I misinterpreting what this local exporting means? Not looking in the right place?

be careful with making sure that you have the exact characters in the CSV export path as what the PVP has for its folder name. what im getting at is that if i recall correctly its \My Documents, with the M and D capitalized, that has tripped me up in the past.

honestly though I usually just go into the CE enviornment on the PVP and create my own folder and name it CSVFiles, or something of that nature.

I've tried "\My Documents" in the path field, to no success either.

I'm referring to tags as such:

CSV-Export-Setup.png

{Audit\CSVExport_Trigger} is in turn referred to in the value field (connections tab) of a momentary push button.

I just realized that there is actually no "Audit" tags folder in my program. I could always create one myself and fill it with these same exact tag names, but the tags folder presented in the documentation (shown below) is too exhaustive, which leads me to believe that it's supposed to be built-in or importable somehow:

Audit-Tags-Folder.png

I screenshot this^ from the "On_board Audit Demo.apa" file available in KB1075862.

As I'm writing this, it just occured me I could try exporting this demo file's csv tags, then export my application file's tags, and see if I'm able to alter the latter by adding the audit tags, then import it back to my app.

I'll update on how that goes. In the meantime, please let me know if you have knowledge of a better way.

Last edited:
Imported the Audit tag folder successfully, set {Audit\CSVExport_Trigger} as the Export Trigger in CSV Export Setup, and put the same tag as the value -in Connections- of my momentary push button.

Clicking my "Export to CSV" button, and so, writing '1' to {Audit\CSVExport_Trigger}, is logged in the Audit Trail List as such:

Audited-Export.png

And yet, still nothing to be found in /My Documents in Windows CE. I'm pretty lost at the moment.