Yaskawa DriveWizard via Opto 22 Serial Module

Saulo35

Hi,

Does anybody know if it is possible to run Yaskawa's DriveWizard software on a PC, to monitor and configure V1000 VFDs that are connected to an Opto 22 Serial Card (i.e., the VFDs are not connected directly to the PC)? The Opto 22 SNAP Brain is connected to the PC via a simple Ethernet switch. the Opto 22 PAC Control and Runtime are working properly in the way that they are "talking" to the VFDs and VFDs can be started and stopped.

Thank you

I think the default setting are RS485 Modbus
Drive Wizard should be able to communicate with them
you do need to set the address for each drive
I some cranes some years ago using serial radio communications using RS485
at that time we had 14 cranes each with 3 axis drives Hoist, Bridge and Trolley
it sure beets climbing up on each crane to make adjustments

I used drive wizard like 6-8 years back did not care for it, did not do network ,e our version you had to cable to drive, versus ethernet or modbus???

With that pitched it as useless to us. But it was intended to get drive settings for all drives in plant save on network drive, that was probably like 500 drives or more decided to scratch this knowing people would not faithfully use and keep updated. Most drives had very simple setup, only about 3 out of 500-600 had complex setup, those most people could not setup without having settings to enter, so on difficult ones we saved printed out laminated and put on drive enclosure door.

We used keypads to pull program from drive and if changing setup pulled changes in to keypad if replacing drive took keypad and fired back the settings.

if drive wizard can do network great good idea but back when it could not, later we did ethernet to all new drives and that sent them the settings no longer a problem.

Hope that helps

Actually the radios we used had both RS232 and RS485 connections
In the host PC we connected to the radio using the RS232 each crane had 1 radio
connected to the 3 drives using the RS485 each drive had a unique address
we could select each drive we wanted connect to using the address
it worked great for many years
to day i would look at using an ether net radio system
you can get radio systems to connect over many miles
that system was setup about 20 years ago

Hi,

Does anybody know if it is possible to run Yaskawa's DriveWizard software on a PC, to monitor and configure V1000 VFDs that are connected to an Opto 22 Serial Card (i.e., the VFDs are not connected directly to the PC)? The Opto 22 SNAP Brain is connected to the PC via a simple Ethernet switch. the Opto 22 PAC Control and Runtime are working properly in the way that they are "talking" to the VFDs and VFDs can be started and stopped.

Thank you

Im going to guess not. If i remember correctly, the Opto brain will basiacally take the data from the serial card and stream it to a ip and port that you configure. This does not act as a serial port to the host pc.