UL508A about Servo Motors.

MIG

Hello, do 3 PH AC Servo Motors ( 1S Omron) follow the same rules as regular AC servo Motors? can I use Table 50.1 (UL508) to calculate FLC of Servo Motor? Thank you.

Last edited:
Are you wanting this for sizing the internal components and protective devices feeding the servo, or for the terminals going to the motor? If this is concerning the circuit components and the servo has an amplifier / drive, then you only concern yourself with the INPUT current of the drive. If you are after the ratings of the terminal blocks for connecting the MOTOR, which is what section 50 is about, then convert the watt rating of your servo motor to HP (746W/HP) and use the HP table for sizing the terminals.

Well I am trying to size a A Main Breaker and tap wire AWG according to pics in attchm. I have 12A MCB the largest one and 2 Servo Motors 400W . so according to table 50 I have 2motors 1/2 HP which are 2.2FLC since it is 3PH AC 240V motors .Now 12A=2.2A+2.2A =19,4A The MCBB=20A Am I right ?

111.JPG

Last edited:
Well I am trying to size a A Main Breaker and tap wire AWG according to pics in attchm. I have 12A MCB the largest one and 2 Servo Motors 400W . so according to table 50 I have 2motors 1/2 HP which are 2.2FLC since it is 3PH AC 240V motors .Now 12A=2.2A+2.2A =19,4A The MCBB=20A Am I right ?

You would not use the 12A MCB as the LOAD, that is the PROTECTIVE DEVICE for the load. You must use the ACTUAL load for whatever that 12A MCB is feeding. But if you did it this way, you are fine because you are likely HIGHER than you may need to be and so long as you size the wires for the 20A Main CB (12ga), that's fine.