Brain and Google are failing me on this adapters name

dripdry

Back in the old days of ProfiBUS, I used to use this little adapter card that plugged into my laptop, it was like a compact flash card but taller on the computer end, and 9 pin ProfiBUS sub d on the other end.

Anyone have one of these or can point me in the right direction for one? I swear it had a cf card look on one end and female ProfiBUS on the other. It was pretty small.

Last edited:
PCMCIA was a laptop spec expansion card that had a single card capability but single or double deck to have the ports inside the laptop space if the designer so desired.

Express card never really took off due to USB.

Maybe it was a Siemens CP5511 or CP5512 card. Both are PCMCIA cards.
I used to have a CP5511, but when we changed from XP to Win7 I stopped using it. I think it is a problem with both hardware and Windows support - no 64 bit as far as I remember. And not possible to connect to a VM either.

What are you wanting to do exactly ?
Programming via Profibus. If so, which PLC ?
Connecting a PC to IO via Profibus ? If so, what is the software interface that you intend to use, OPC DA ? OPC UA ? Proprietary driver ? Or .. ?
Or .. ?